Quick MySQL 1.1
It's all about freedom...
Quick MySQL is a powerful little utility program on one page. I looked at several different MySQL management tools
to find something to make my job easier. I manage approximately a dozen different MySQL databases at any given time.
Therefore, anything to make my job easier is a bonus! However, all the MySQL management programs that I found were
severely limiting. That is, they were written for someone without much experience in SQL and MySQL and you were therefore
forced to do things, the authors way.
I didn't like that. I know MySQL and I know SQL and I know Perl. Therefore I decided to write a program that would give me
the freedom and flexibility that I needed.
Main Program Screen - Screen Shot
Here are some of the things you can do with Quick MySQL:
- Connect to and access any localhost database on the same server or any remote database server with a URL and port number.
- View the contents of any or all tables in the working database.
- View the definitions of any or all tables in the working database.
- See a count of all records in any or all tables in the working database.
- Empty or Drop any table in the working database.
- Get a table re-build SQL statement for any or all tables in the working database.
- Obtain a print out of the servers variables and status information.
- Rebuild a table on a remote server with the click of a button. You can even have it rebuild with a different table name!
- Transfer the entire contents of a table to a table on a remote server with the click of a button.
- Copy the contents of one table to another table on the same database. You can even have it rebuild with a different table name on the same server!
- Quick MySQL gives you the freedom to perform your own SQL statement queries on your working database. Any and all SQL syntax is valid so long as you have been granted permission for those statements.